Thursday, April 14, 2016

MB's Circus

MB's Circus
60" x 20"
Mixed Media on Canvas
This painting was for my sister, MB. The layers are many and it is one of a kind. I had members of the family write, draw, scribble, fingerprint and add something to the canvas, at various stages at of the work. Many of the marks are partially buried or reoccurring. Some of the family members wouldn't even let me know where they marked and it is truly hidden. Some were far away and I took something they did and did a rubbing or collaged it in here. This was truly a fun project of love and has taken much longer than it should have, but now I share it with you as it is being shipped to her! The title comes from one of my favorite phrases, "Not my circus, not my monkeys"! But hey, these are her monkeys and thus MB's Circus!

These three photos below are closeups of some of the texture and marks. It was hard to photograph and post as it it so tall and narrow.






3 comments:

  1. This painting is gorgeous! I can't wait to hang it in the perfect spot!! Thanks my seester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exquisite texture! It evokes perfect calmness.

    ReplyDelete

Pages